Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, August 04, 2008

From the Mailbox

Yesterday I mentioned that I found mommy's driver's license inside the HVAC vent in the toy room. In the comments, Lynette from Iowa asks, "How exactly did you happen across the driver's license there?"

That's a fair question. Most people don't check under the floor vents when looking for things. Most people don't share a house with my destructive forces, either.

My children have discovered they can pry the HVAC vents off the floor. The vents are flush with the floor, and the only thing holding them in place is gravity. With time and tiny fingers, two things my children have in abundance, you can pry those vents loose from the floor and dump large objects into the duct work.

When I stumbled into the toy room the other day, I noticed the room's vent had been dumped in the middle of the floor. I picked it up to return it to its proper location. Before dropping it in place, I always check the duct to remove any valuable and/or airflow-disrupting objects that may be in there. As luck would have it, I removed mommy's driver's license, a valuable she'd been searching for for days.

My kids are quite good at pulling these vents off the floor. Usually I just find toys in the ducts, so these adventures hadn't made it into the blog yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I find someone's keys in there.

1 Comments:

  • Thank you for the clarification! I guess that's one reason to be thankful for our registers that are on the wall and prevent us from being able to put furniture anywhere. But at least they aren't toy-able.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home