Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Bead Day

Abbie emerged from the bathroom today and declared, "I pooped!"

Abbie occasionally claims she pooped, and it's always a false alarm. Usually she means she tooted. There's never poop in the toilet, unless Abbie pooped in her underwear and deposited that in the toilet. While I appreciate the effort on that move, I want her to cut down on the number of objects the poop touches on the way into the potty.

I checked the toilet to see if she did anything. Indeed, there was poop in it this morning. It was a little, tiny, carrot stick's worth, sliver of a poop. It was still poop, and it had fallen directly into the toilet.

"I want a bracelet!" Abbie exclaimed.

Mommy came home a few days ago with a sack full of bracelets. We're always looking for new ways to encourage Abbie to repeat the rare good behavior she shows, and mommy bought a bunch of cheap bracelets to use as a reward. I wasn't sure how deeply they would motivate her, but I figured they were worth a chance. I had forgotten about them since no one had mentioned them since mommy brought them home, but fortunately Abbie remembered.

I found the bracelet bag and let Abbie pick out her favorite. Abbie spent a minute searching for the perfect bracelet while I held off the boys, who were furious that Abbie was getting something they weren't.

Abbie slipped her new beaded bracelet on her wrist, and ran away with the boys hot on her tail. I smiled, hopeful that Abbie was finally making progress toward the ultimate goal of being 100% potty trained.

A half-hour later she pooped a full-size poop in her underwear. A half-hour after that I found her new bracelet ripped apart, its bead scattered about the bedroom. I picked up most of those beads this morning, and mommy found the rest tonight when they came out Tory's business end and into the diaper. I should've known he had bad bead intentions when I found several of them stored in a bowl like cereal. Fortunately those didn't get deposited directly into the potty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home