Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, September 08, 2008

The Easy Button

I dropped the boys off in their daycare room this morning. They helped me hang up their coats and backpacks, and wandered off to play with a tub of trucks. I snuck out while they were distracted.

I dropped Abbie off in her daycare room this morning, and that's been a little more difficult. She's been in the habit of screaming from the time she wakes up until the time I walk out the door of the preschool. I helped her hand her coat and backpack while she protested the entire time. I walked her into her room as she continued protesting. I walked her to the bookshelf and encouraged her to pick a book. She rifled through the offerings, and settled on a Strawberry Shortcake book. She sat with it at a desk, turned to me, and said "bye."

I snuck out without another word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home