Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I love you, toybox

We're back home after a trip to see the grandparents. It's always interesting to head back to my childhood home to see how Sioux City has changed. Woodrow Wilson Middle School, my old haunt, has been torn down to make way for a "neighborhood school." So many memories. Sigh. So many horrifying, crippling memories.

Sadly, Abbie was an absolute terror for my parents this weekend. She cried, she fussed, and maybe worst of all, she spit up. A lot. And when I say "a lot," I mean she potentially ruined a very nice top with massive quantities of partially-digested carrots. She napped poorly as well, almost skipping her Saturday afternoon nap. I wish I knew what set her off. Maybe it was the long car ride, though she was fine when she arrive back home. Maybe she has allergies, though lord knows what kind of allergens we don't have in our home thanks to the menagerie of pets we house. Maybe she just missed someone. Mom? Kitties? Toybox?

DSC00909

2 Comments:

  • Man, they were tearing down Woodrow for a long time. Oh and the new DQ, and the old DQ building. On your way out of town did you happen to notice the brown house with ugly blue outdoor carpet at the end of Madison St? My dad just finished buying it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

  • Dude, you're not supposed to post anonymously if I know you. Otherwise, how am I supposed to know who you are from the thousands of people I know that could conceivably be reading this? Adam.

    Woodrow is completely gone. So is the playground and field to the south. It's basically a full block of recently torn up dirt now. Lots of stuff is going in just south of the new Wal-Mart. The old DQ is now a Tastee In & Out. I did not notice the house on the end of Madison, I'll take a look next time. My parents just got new neighbors to their north and south.

    By Blogger Matt, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home