Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Only one would dare give me the raspberry.

Abbie has now developed one of her more annoying habits to date: blowing raspberries while eating. I’ll give her a spoonful of num-nums, she’ll swallow most of it, and then jut her tongue out between her lips and blow, sending tiny food particles on a trajectory no bib can hold. Until she learns to talk, I’m going to have to guess why she’s doing this. Maybe she hates her food. From what I can tell about baby cereal, I wouldn’t blame her if she did despise it with all her being. If she didn’t like her food, I’d think she’d fight more to prevent it from going into her mouth in the first place. Maybe she’s discovered that she can do something the despot called Dad can’t control, and danged if she’s going to give it up. Maybe she’s just cleansing her pallet in anticipation for the next scintillating bite.

I’m not sure what to try to stop her from spraying oatmeal. I’ve tried saying “no” firmly, but she just laughs internally at my futile attempts to oppress her. Plus that’s a good way to ensure that her first word is a stern “no.” Ellie suggested I stop feeding her for a bit, and that’s worth a try. Oddly enough, when I added some of the banana muffin I was eating this afternoon to her fruit-and-cereal concoction, which stopped the raspberries. Maybe she just wants a little bread with her cereal. Unfortunately, I’m out of banana muffins, so I may try a little english muffin tomorrow.

Bonus food item!: Abbie tried all sorts of interesting foods for supper tonight, including baked beans, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. This is after eating carrots, chicken, and a little formula. Ellie doesn’t call her the Easter Ham for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home