Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, April 08, 2005

Phoning it in this weekend

I'm going to be on the road this weekend visiting my father for his birthday. There will probably be no update Saturday (maybe I'll update Sunday if I'm feeling spry). Instead I'm going to cheat by cutting and pasting an e-mail I sent to a friend.

My baby daughter was watching TV the other night. By "watching" I mean "chewing on the remote and munching on random buttons." She can turn it on and off, mute it, and change channels. I'm sure there's absolutely no significance to her actions, though I was a bit concerned the time she left the TV tuned to Fox News.

So as I was saying, the other night she was watching TV and turned on the spanish-language channel. Though I have the spanish-language skills of a milk carton, I immediately recognized the program as a Latin version of Family Feud (hosted by I imagine the guy who plays Senor Borland on the Mexican version of Casa Improvemento). I decided to leave it to see if I
could decipher anything. Before long I recognized names like Fidel Castro and Adolpho Hitler, and I
assumed the topic was something like Evil Dictators. Then came names like Che Guerva, George W. Bush, and
current Mexican presidente Vicente Fox. Now I'm thinking the topic is just general world heads of
state. Next I think someone guessed Jesus Christ, and that pretty much killed that idea. Finally, the #1 response came up, which was, I swear, "El Papa." So if you have any idea what all these things have in common, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home