Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, April 11, 2005

Forkin' awesome

Abbie took another big step toward being a fully-contributing adult member of society recently when she started feeding herself with a utensil. Actually, I have to load the utensil with food and hold it out for her to grab, but it still counts as feeding herself. Oh, and it only works with a fork, not one of those baby-safe spoons (which she still insists forcing me to put in her mouth), so we do need watch her closely to make sure she doesn't poke herself in the eye. Soon, though, Abbie will be completely able to feed herself. No longer will I have to waste my time sitting in front of her guiding a spoon into her mouth. Instead I will have to waste my time cleaning up the horrific mess she'll make. I guess that's an improvement.

For anyone looking for an early sign on which hand will be her dominant one, Abbie is grabbing the fork with her left hand. Yes, my plan to force left-handedness on her is coming to fruition...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home