Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, April 07, 2008

PottyUpdate

Abbie’s potty training is progressing well. She wears underwear most of the day, and does a great job staying dry. She recognizes when she needs to go, gets me when she needs help, and even uses the potty all by herself when I’m busy. I can’t even remember the last time she had an accident.*

The boys’ potty training is not progressing well. They wear underwear most of the day, but strip naked after their frequent accidents. They do not recognize when they need to go, although they’re great at recognizing when they’re wet. They do not get me when they need help. If I leave them in the bathroom by themselves, they’re more likely to play in the bathtub than it on the potty. I can’t even remember how many pairs of underwear they went through today, though a quick count in the laundry room reveals nine pairs of boys’ underwear from today. It’s a good thing Abbie doesn’t need my help to use the potty, because I spend a lot of time cleaning up after the boys.

* Disclaimer: “Accident” refers only to the liquid variety. She shows no hesitation about pooping in her underwear, and has never pooped in the potty, although she does enjoy dumping the poop from her underwear in the potty. She still wears pull-ups at night and during naps. I change her into underwear the first chance I get after she wakes, but sometimes my first chance doesn’t come until she’s been awake for an hour or so. She also wears pull-ups whenever she leaves the house. I’m not quite brave enough to risk my sanity by changing Abbie’s outfit in public with the boys running by my side.

1 Comments:

  • Rio is regressing a bit right now. This morning she got up off the potty, stood on the sofa, and peed. Grrrr. But after school she went on the potty. I don't think we are meant to understand the thinking of toddlers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home