Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, March 28, 2008

Falling Behind

Ian pooped this morning while I ate breakfast. He immediately removed his diaper while I slurped my milk. By the time I reached him, his diaper and its contents were on the floor.

I’m used to this routine by now. My children usually immediately remove poopy clothing as a sign of their potty training aptitude and a reminder that I need to keep pushing them on the potty lest they dump poop on every surface in our home.

Ian dumped his poop on our hardwood floor, which is the best surface for him to do so. Hardwood floors clean easily with a paper towel and a few sprays of an all-purpose cleaner. Cleaning carpet by contrast requires paper towels, carpet cleaning solution, a lot of time and effort, and usually a little cussing.

I whisked Ian back to the changing table, cleaned him, and sent him on his way. I sped back to the mess on the floor before someone could inadvertently or otherwise step in it, and wiped the floor clean.

On my way to the trash, I stopped in Abbie’s room to check on her. In the time I spent cleaning Ian and his mess, Abbie had also pooped, removed her underwear, and dumped its contents on the carpet in her room. Tory, wanting to be just like big sissy, also pooped, removed, and dumped in her room.

I wound up drinking my orange juice a little later than usual this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home