Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Thursday, April 03, 2008

I Didn't Do It

Our toilet is plugged. This comes a mere couple weeks after we paid a handsome sum to a plumber to pull a toothbrush out of the toilet.

History may be repeating. I walked into the bathroom tonight while the boys were supposedly brushing their teeth. Tory was standing over the toilet with a roll of toilet paper in one hand, a wad of toilet paper in the other hand, and a mass of toilet paper already in the bowl. He panicked when he saw me* and flushed before I could examine what else he’d thrown in the bowl. Whatever was in the bowl quickly clogged the pipe aided by a tree’s worth of toilet paper.

I sent the boys to bed and spent much of the night procrastinating on cleaning the plumbing. There’s reason we paid a plumber to clear the toilet last time this happened, and it’s not just because we lack the equipment to snake through the bends in the pipe.

While stalling on shoving my arm in the toilet bowl up to my elbow, I stumbled across the boys’ toothbrushes from tonight. They snuck them out of the bathroom while I wasn’t looking. So the good news is it’s not a toothbrush blocking the plumbing. The bad news is there’s still something in there, and all I’ve got to clear it is a plunger and my chubby fingers.

* For good reason, too.

2 Comments:

  • I have an auger if you want to borrow it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 AM  

  • snorted root beer out of my nose again reading your blog. You'd think I'd learn by now.

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha

    By Blogger The Cafe Six, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home