Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Snack with Abbie

Some days I wonder how Abbie gets enough to eat. She doesn’t eat much cereal for breakfast. She doesn’t eat much of anything for lunch. Supper is hit and miss. Sometimes she eats well at night. Other nights I have to battle the boys for dibs on her untouched plate.

Tonight she wouldn’t eat her chicken, probably because it was in rotisserie form instead of nugget form. Last night she wouldn’t eat her pork chop. The night before that she wouldn’t eat her macaroni and cheese. I know that a child can’t go much more than three days without eating well, so I paid close attention tonight to all the ways she packed in extra calories.

She ate her dessert cookie without complaint.

She drank directly from the ketchup bottle. I enjoyed ketchup as a child and probably would’ve considered it a side dish, but only Abbie would consider ketchup an entrée.

She bummed Jell-O off me. I tricked her, though, by sneaking some fruit that she didn’t eat off her supper plate into every gelatin spoonful.

She requested cereal several times. When I denied her snack, citing her refusal to eat supper, she snuck into the cupboard every time I turned my back.

She grabbed a spoon and the jar of peanut butter while I was distracted dressing the boys after bath time.

She finished her night with a vitamin. Hopefully those are filling enough to tide her over until morning, when she’ll eat a decent amount of cereal for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home