Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Storms of Fury

Nasty storms are blowing through the area tonight. When I heard the tornado warning announced for our county, we pulled the kids out of bed and huddled with them in the basement. The kids were initially grateful that they got to stay awake and play in the basement. That glee quickly degenerated into sleepy, cranky fighting. As soon as the worst of it passed I sent the kids back to bed, even though the storm was still strong and the tornado sirens were still blaring. At that point I figured the danger of them biting each other was greater than the danger of a tornado hitting our house.

2 Comments:

  • Thankfully, our kids did very well having to go to the basement. Evan and Kendra laid down on the bed down there and never moved even though they were awake. They went immediately back to sleepw when we returned them to bed. Laura was wide awake in the basement but went back to sleep once we got back upstairs after a middle of the night feeding to drowsy her up a bit. Wish I could say that Chad and I got back to sleep that easily...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • I was the only one woken up by the sirens out here. I figured that since the news showed no circular movement out here we would be fine and just left everyone in bed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home