Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, April 21, 2008

Hork

Ian was gassy this morning. He burped a lot, and had a lot of rumbling in his gut. So when he burped repeatedly at the breakfast table, I didn’t pay much attention. He’s a clumsy eater, so when I saw spilled milk all over his seat, I didn’t pay much attention.

When I actually did pay attention, I realized that Ian didn’t spill his milk, he threw it up. He threw it up all over his place mat, his chair, and his clothes.

I changed his clothes and sent him back to his room to lie down. While I cleaned up, I let Ian rest. When I heard rustling from his room a minute later, I knew I should check promptly, but didn’t want to.

I wound back to his room a minute later to check on some odd noises, and saw that he had thrown up the rest of his breakfast. At least he was thoughtful enough to wander into the hall before throwing up, sparing me the task of changing all his bedding.

1 Comments:

  • Ours was at 11:45 Saturday night. A little boy whose tummy apparently had too much chocolate pudding before bed. The first time I've regretted having Evan and Kendra in the same bed. Changing a full-size bed of every piece of bedding at midnight while one kid is crying because he's covered in regurgitated chocolate pudding and another kid is wondering why she just got stuck in a playpen from her nice warm bed. Ah, good times. But, Kendra was an absolute trooper about it, so it didn't go nearly as badly as it could have.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home