Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Yes We Have No Bananas

I bought bananas for the boys today. The last time I gave them bananas was a couple weeks ago, which they reacted to by leaving them on the table for the dog to snatch after lunch. I expected them to still ignore them when I brought them home, and planned to make banana bread with them. The boys are carb monsters, and never leave bread on the table.

When Ian saw the bananas on the counter, he immediately screamed for them. When Tory heard the commotion and noticed them on the counter as well, he screamed for bananas too. Both boys had a nice banana snack before lunch, and I set the rest aside for banana bread later.

The boys continued screaming for banana during lunch, leaving their canned fruits on the table for the dog to snatch. I obliged and split a banana between them. The boys ate a few bites, left most of their banana on the table, and continued screaming. I set them on the floor and let them calm down while I cleaned utensils off the floor and the dog cleaned leftover food off the table.

As I cleaned dishes in the sink, the boys continued screaming, convinced that a few more bites of banana were the key to happiness. I told them they didn’t eat what I gave them lunch, but somewhat surprisingly they didn’t appreciate my logic.

I sent the boys to their room to calm down, and hid the bananas on the porch while they weren’t looking. It may be too cold for bananas to keep out there, but our kitchen was a much quieter place tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home