Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Party Planning

On our last grocery store trip a couple days ago, we purchased all the ingredients we'd need for a Super Bowl party. Mommy wanted to make Chex Mix for the party, and asked how much cereal we'd need to purchase. I told her not to worry, that we already had unopened boxes of every crispy cereal that she'd need.

That next day, the boys decided they wanted to snack on one of the key ingredients: Crispy Hexagons. I dutifully opened our only box, and gave them a handful. When they continued swarming me, I gave them another handful. When Abbie joined the swarm, I gave her a big dish of hexagons and told her to share with her brothers. With everyone distracted, I set the box on the countertop to preserve the rest of its contents for mommy's baking.

Unfortunately, I wound up being distracted a few minutes later. I don't remember what pulled me from the room, but it was, probably potty related. I had left cereal box on the countertop, which is beyond the boys' reach unless they pull a chair up to the counter.

When I returned to the kitchen, I found a chair at the counter. The boys were huddled on the floor, triumphantly stuffing their faces with the contents of the cereal box they had just dumped on the floor.

We may need to make another trip to the grocery store before Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home