Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Poopy Post

A bug has taken residence in our family’s guts. Whatever it is, it’s persistently attacking the male members of the household. Mommy and Abbie were off for about a day, but otherwise seem unscathed. Contrast that with my stomach, which has been upset for at least a week now and has forced me to compromise my oath to never throw away food. The boys can’t tell me how they feel, but their frequently poopy diapers* tell me they don’t feel great.

The boys have pooped at least three times a day for the past week. Those later-in-the-day poops have had some substance to them, but the right-after-breakfast poop is the dangerous one. Every night I go to bed thinking maybe they’re finally firming up a little bit, and every morning I’m greeted by a giant, watery, brewed-overnight deposit in their diapers.

Things may be finally flowing in the right direction. The post-breakfast poops were huge, but not so much that they were threatening to overflow the diapers. There was no post-lunch poop, and the post-supper poop was a manageable size. That was all their gut movement for the day. They haven’t pooped twice in a day since Labor Day. Maybe tomorrow they can try for one poop.

As for me, my stomach is still upset, which is one reason why I’m rooting for a single-poop day. Some supper went to waste tonight, but that’s what I get for cooking eggplant.

* And occasionally poopy pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home