Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Little Man Grows Up

I swear the boys are feeling better. The boys keep filling their diapers to prove me otherwise.

Ian climbed into his high chair this morning. That’s a new trick. His high chair’s height has repeatedly thwarted him throughout his life. He would step on the bottom rung, grab the sides of the chair, and lift. Every time he would fail at his pull-up, making him frustrated every time. He could climb into Abbie’s booster set, which made him happy, but left Abbie frustrated, and then made Ian frustrated when she slammed him onto the floor.

I noticed this morning that he’d finally hoisted himself into the chair while I washed dishes. I knew he was unable to get back down, so I lifted him back to the floor and returned to the dishes. Several minutes later I found him back in his seat. He wasn’t complaining, I had dishes to wash and football to watch, so I left him.

A half-hour later, I realized that I didn’t know where Ian was. Usually that means he wandered outside into our completely safe fenced-in backyard, or possibly found something to snack on and is enjoying it in privacy in his room. After ruling out those possibilities, I remembered the chair, and found him still sitting there. He was hunched over to the side, sleeping, with a football game on the television in front of him.

I know the illness is making him sleepy, and I’m sure the television was irrelevant to him, but I still like to think of this as the first time he fell asleep sitting in the chair watching the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home