Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

How Was Your Day?

Abbie hasn’t figured out how to answer questions yet. She can answer a few stock questions like “What’s your name?”* and “What number comes after 29?”**. I don’t expect her to answer complicated questions like “How much do you love your brothers?” and “Where did you leave your sippy cup after supper last Wednesday?”

I wish I could get a few answers to yes/no questions, though. Now that she’s in preschool, the only way for me to learn about her day is to ask her about it. Our conversations on the ride home are usually missing something.

Daddy: “Did you have fun in preschool today?”
Abbie: “I love preschool!”
Daddy: “What did you do today?”
Abbie: (Silence)
Daddy: “Did you read?”
Abbie: “I love reading!”
Daddy: “Did you color?”
Abbie: “I love coloring!”
Daddy: “Did you sing?”
Abbie: “I love singing!”
Daddy: “What did you sing?”
Abbie: (Unintelligible mumbling that may or may not be the lyrics to that day’s song, or possibly the words to that day’s book)

* “Abbie!”
** “20-10!”

1 Comments:

  • Oh yeah ... I had a similar conversation with Emily this afternoon ... only I get ...

    Me: Did you have a snack?
    Emily: Yes.
    Me: What did you have?
    Emily: (no response)
    Me: Emily, what did you have?
    Emily: Mooommmm, you already asked me that!

    Sorry!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home