Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Comment Post

I’m terrible with comments. I read all of them, but I never take the time to respond to them. Some days it’s a miracle I take the time to shower, let alone respond to the wonderful things people say on here. I wish I could spend more time responding because it would be a great way to get to know people and cultivate relationships. On the other hand, ignoring comments does give me a way to write an entire day’s post by just responding to comments.

When I cut Tory’s toe with the fingernail clippers, several people wrote to say they had done the same thing. After this morning, I’m no longer the only one living in the house who can say they’ve cut a baby’s appendage with the clippers. I don’t want to name names, but let’s just say that we don’t let Abbie use with the clippers yet.

Becky added a list of other things I could look forward to in raising children “1) Drop baby on head. 2) Get puke in your mouth. 3) Inadvertently eat baby poop.” To that list I can say 1) Done and done. 2) I’ve never gotten puke in my mouth, though when Abbie had the flu she did puke all over my shirt while she laid on me on the couch. 3) Um, you may want to pay more attention to what goes in your mouth :)

When I said I didn’t know if we had identical or fraternal twins, Amy said her hospital checks every pair of same sex twins. I’ve heard that from other people, but apparently they don’t do that at our hospital, and somehow it slipped our mind to ask right after their birth. I have a feeling that either the hospital or our OB was supposed to run that test right after birth, and someone completely forgot about it. About a week before they came home from the NICU, we did ask a NICU doctor if there were any tests to determine if they were identical. He stared at us incredulously and said no one had ever asked him that before. It seems to me like a pretty standard thing to know, but I guess not. Someday we’re going to do some DNA testing, but in the meantime I’m going to hope for some obvious difference between them to settle things, like an extra 20 pounds, or maybe an extra leg.

Yesterday I wrote about feeding difficulties, specifically keeping Abbie from interfering. Cindy again suggested a hand free bottle system. I apologize for not paying attention the first time you suggested it. I usually don’t hear things the first time Ellie suggests things either, but as she says, “just because you weren’t paying attention doesn’t mean I didn’t say it.” This morning I ordered two of the kind she suggested, and if I like them I’ll order several more. Thanks.

That catches me up. Someday I may have enough time to respond to comments in a timely manner. In the meantime, keep the comments coming. Unless you have a complaint of course.

Here’s one of our Christmas photos of the twins:
Sears01-06

2 Comments:

  • Awwww. How sweet is that?

    Re: Eating baby poop. You NEVER know. While I don't have any of my own baby-poop eating stories, two of my twin-mom friends do. It's just one of those things ...

    By Blogger Becky, at 2:45 PM  

  • Too sweet for words!

    By Blogger Amy, at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home