Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Will That Stain?

About half of my days are laundry days. I like to do one load every other day. That pace allows me to keep clean clothes rotating through the closets, and creates a little work to do each day without overwhelming me with wrinkled shirts and mismatched socks.

Yesterday was not laundry day. I’d done laundry the day before, and the day before that, so the drawers were full and my sacks of dirty laundry were mostly empty.

Right before lunchtime, Abbie was hungry and took matters into her own teeth. While I cleaned trays to ready them for lunch, Abbie reached into the spice drawer. When I noticed her, she had a tube of blue food-coloring in her mouth. Fortunately, food-coloring bottles are designed to dispense slowly, but she still had a few blue patches on her shirt. Of course she was wearing a white shirt.

Suddenly it was laundry day. I imaginatively threw variously colored items into a load, and started the washing machine. Fortunately I caught the stain in time, and Abbie’s shirt came out sparkling white. Abbie’s neck is still not quite as pearly white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home