Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, July 27, 2007

What a Boy Wants

When Abbie couldn’t talk, I could only imagine the things we were missing. I wanted Abbie to tell me directly what she wanted, instead of placating her screams with a dozen sugary and/or fatty snacks before realizing she just had a poopy diaper.

Now that Tory is starting to talk, I get a window into the mind of a 20-month-old’s desires. His current top ten words are:

10. Book
9. Dora
8. Shhh
7. Airplane
6. Upside down (as in, “I’m being held upside down”)
5. Shoes and socks
4. Up
3. More
2. Juice
1. Outside

It turns out, I wasn’t too far off in my guesses on what a toddler wants. Ian’s speech is a little behind, so he gets whatever Tory asks for. As long as that’s juice or outside, he’s fine with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home