Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Cup of Sunshine

After breakfast yesterday morning, Abbie walked up to the refrigerator.

“I want juice, please,” she said.

I always give her orange juice in the morning. I try to limit my children’s juice intake, but I give in with orange juice. I always drink a glass too, and it’s easier to let her drink some instead of chugging my glass while she screams at my feet.

We’ve been working on drinking from normal glasses, so I pulled one from the cupboard and started filling it. Abbie protested, shook her head violently, and finally intoned “I want a sippy cup, please.”

While I’m pleased with the development of her language and manners, her drinking skills need work.

1 Comments:

  • We used one of the transition cups from Gerber... the liquid comes out the same way it does a glass, so they have to drink correctly. It avoided a lot of fits for us, it looks like a sippy - plus it locks so it won't leak in the car. They have 'em at Hy-Vee.

    By Blogger Alicia, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home