Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, April 13, 2007

Yep, Still Sick

My plan to nip whatever illness I have in the bud didn’t work. I think I’ve got what Ian had last week. I have few definite symptoms, just a sore throat and general grumpiness. I should get some rest, so I’ll throw out a quick post:

The Best Thing That Happened Today: We visited the mall playground. Abbie made perhaps her first ever friend. A girl about six months older than Abbie grabbed her wrist when we arrived, and spent the first five minutes running with her around the playground. It was adorable, though I couldn’t shake the feeling that Abbie was just using her for the Nerf ball in her hand.

The Worst Thing That (Almost) Happened Today: On the way to the mall, I was making a left turn. There were two left-turn lanes, and I was in the inside lane stopped at a red light. When the light changed, I started my turn. About halfway through the intersection, I noticed the car turning from the outside lane turning too sharply and drifting into my lane. The drifting driver slammed on her brakes and blasted me with her horn, apparently for getting in her way. I stopped too, looked to my right, and saw a 70ish-year-old lady, looking angry, and, of course, giving me the finger.

1 Comments:

  • That woman gets around. Because she did the same thing to me... only I'm out here in Cali!

    By Blogger The Cafe Six, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home