Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, February 05, 2007

It's a Good Thing This Is My Hobby and Not My Job

Children need sleep to for good help and even temperament, especially when sick. I have no idea how to make a child sleep, though, especially when sick.

I set them down at the appropriate time, and they wake up when they want. Sometimes they wake up just in time to eat lunch. Sometimes they wake up about the time I drift off into my nap. Recently it’s been closer to the latter, except that I haven’t really been napping. It’s more like getting out of bed in time to set the Super Bowl meal table, or to determine what’s leaking and how concerned I should be that water is dripping from the ceiling.

When the boys wake up early, I have several options. I can let them play under my feet while I try to start supper. I can keep their mouths full with Super Bowl snacks. I can ignore them and hope they fall back asleep, or at least don’t suffer any permanent mental harm.

I can’t write, though, which makes this a long excuse for the recent light posting. Maybe I’ll have time tomorrow as the kids take a good nap. Or maybe the kids will wake early again, and I’ll discover a snack so potent, so attractive that it keeps their attention long enough for me to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home