Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, April 22, 2005

Tissue Troubles

When the much-publicized cold ravaging Abbie Update began to take hold, I left several strategically placed tissue boxes scattered throughout the house. My thinking was when Abbie had one of her foot-long snot streamers dangling from her nose, I could quickly grab a tissue before she had a chance to use her hands to, um, do undesirable things with it. Also, I could easily grab a tissue for my own use without needing to leave the room and guess what Abbie had in her mouth when I returned. This part of the plan worked well, but I ran into trouble when I left the tissue boxes on the floor since that’s where we spend most of our time, at least until she learns to crawl on furniture up to perilous heights. By leaving them on the floor, I was leaving them within Abbie’s grasp. When she discovered that she could pull one tissue out, and have it replaced by a completely new tissue, she moved fast enough to pull four out before I could stop her. She generally only works that quickly when food is involved. Prying tissues out of her hands is a challenge since they tend to rip easily, and they quickly turn into disgusting goo when she puts some in her mouth. We can now add tissue boxes to the list of things to never leave within her reach, a list that includes things like remotes, skin lotion bottles, and kitties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home