Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Thursday, January 01, 2009

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time...

We're potty training the boys again. This time we really mean it. We've tried a few times, and given up when we couldn't get much success. This time we're determined to stick with it until the boys are potty trained, or we run out of laundry detergent.

Today was another day without much success. It was a day much like any other day, except that I frequently changed underwear instead of diapers. Early this afternoon Ian pooped in his underwear. I took them off, cleaned him up, and sent him to his room to grab another pair of underwear. I finished cleaning his dirty clothes, and went to his room to see if he'd dressed himself yet. Ian was still naked, but had finished a different job as he'd left a giant poop outside of his room.

Mommy has been following potty training advice, and remembered that potty training children are supposed to help clean their messes. She suggested I make Ian clean the poop he left. I agreed, handed Ian a wad of toilet paper, and told him to carry the poop to the potty. Somewhat surprisingly, he complied. He wrapped the mess in the paper, carried it into the bathroom, and dropped it into the potty. Great job.

As Ian watched the poop hit the potty, he must have realized that was one of the most disgusting things he'd ever done. Ian promptly puked his lunch all over the bathroom.

I decided I shouldn't make Ian clean this mess. Mommy stripped him down, and sent him to his room to pick out new clothes. I cleaned up the new mess, and committed myself to a long struggle ahead.

1 Comments:

  • I feel you. Baylee was relatively easy...Brayden? Still. Not. Potty-trained. He's three and a half. I would say he's about 80-90% trained for tee-teeing, but cannot for the life of him poop in the potty. Ugh. Good luck!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home