Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Things I Should've Seen Coming

Abbie has discovered "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." We own a DVD copy of the classic television special featuring stop-motion animation that looks kind of creepy by today's computer animation standards. Abbie doesn't care about the potential creepiness of the animation, though. Abbie likes the music. And the story. But mostly she likes the music.

When Abbie asked to watch Rudolph today, I tried to have a little fun with her.

"Can I watch Rudolph?" she asked.

"Rudolph?" I asked. "Does he have a very shiny nose?"

"Yeah" she replied. "He has a very shiny nose."

"He does!" I said with encouragement. "What would you do if you ever saw him?"

"I would even say it glows," she answered dutifully.

"You would? That's great!" I said excitedly.

"I would laugh and call him names," she continued.

"That's ... that's not so great," I said loading the DVD. Like I said, she pays more attention to the music than the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home