Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, November 10, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

In response to Lynette's question of how the boys keep from burning themselves when they fill the bathtub without my supervision:

I worry about that. Honestly, though, I can't keep them out of the bathroom, and by the time I hear the water running it's probably too late to prevent potential scalding anyway. I, and the boys' skin, have a few things working in our favor when I hear the water run from another room.

One knob controls the bath faucet. It twists left and right to adjust the temperature, and moves up to start the water flow. It doesn't twist easily, so it usually starts pouring water at the same temperature setting as was used last time. Hopefully I was supervising the boys in the bath the last time the faucet was used.

Hot water runs slow in our house. Even with the hot water control on full blast, it takes a minute for the water to reach full temperature. By then there's an inch of cool water in the tub to buffer the temperature, and hopefully I've made it in there to check on them.

Maybe most importantly, our water isn't very hot. You'd have to hold your hand under the hot running water for several seconds to do any damage. Fortunately the boys are smart enough to pull their hands away if the running water is too hot.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home