Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Still Sick

I’m still sick. The kids, though, are mostly unaffected. That’s good because it means I don’t have to deal with the kids being miserable. That’s bad because I’m still miserable while the kids bounce around the house unaffected.

While the kids tear into a bag of choking hazards, I lie on the couch a few feet in front of them. I weakly tell them to stop, hope they don’t ingest anything too harmful, and wonder why I’m light-headed. Has my fever cooked my mind? Did that pseudoephedrine give me a legal high? Are my sinuses so full of mucus that it’s cutting circulation to my brain?

5 Comments:

  • Yuck. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    By Blogger 1A, at 7:55 AM  

  • So, will we not be seeing you at the 85th birthday supper Saturday? We were planning on going but have a sick Kendra now, so our plans are still undecided.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 AM  

  • Our schedule never let us make it to Ruby's birthday supper on Saturday. We were going to try to visit her today and tomorrow, but I don't know if we'll go. I'm still pretty sick and the kids are kind of sick. 85-year-old birthday girls don't mix well with sick people.

    By Blogger Matt, at 10:01 AM  

  • If we go, we'll leave around noon on Saturday. We're not deciding until tomorrow evening if we're going or not. Kendra's seeming quite a bit better, so of course Evan has it now. We'll miss you, if we do go. Get better soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

  • Yeah, we're not making it to Ruby's. Between me being pretty sick, the kids being kind of sick, and the new snow making the roads really slick, we took that as a sign that we shouldn't go anywhere for a few days.

    By Blogger Matt, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home