Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dada the Explorer

I’m used to searching for things the kids lost. I have to find the boys’ cow blankets before every nap. We’re down a few forks since the kids have surprisingly strong and creative arms when they through their utensils at mealtime. Sippy cups are a constant struggle to find; I expected to uncover a few petrified cups when we moved, but no luck there.

The boys hit a new level today, though. We’re missing about half of our forks and spoons. The good metal ones too, not the cheap plastic ones that I give to the kids so they can’t gouge anyone too seriously.

Abbie and I were in the bathroom this afternoon. While she sat on the potty, I heard rustling from the kitchen’s silverware drawer. Despite the poking potential, I made the boys a secondary priority because Abbie could stand at any moment. A toddler in the early stages of potty training rising unattended from the potty can be a frighteningly messy proposition.

When Abbie was fully wiped and dressed, I walked out to the kitchen to find the silverware drawer pulled out. I checked inside, and found the slots for the forks and spoons empty.

I looked on the floor, and no silverware.

I looked in the open cabinets, and no silverware.

I checked the sink, and no silverware.

I checked the toy box, and no silverware.

Right now, the only forks and spoons I can find are the dirty ones that happened to be in the dishwasher. If I don’t find our good silverware soon, I’m going to have to share plastic utensils with the kids.

1 Comments:

  • I recommend checking the garbage. And the boys' dresser if they can open the drawers. I just love finding where kids can hide things!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home