Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, December 28, 2007

This Iowan Life

We have the Iowa Caucuses in less than a week. This unique event gives the people of Iowa the chance to play a major role in choosing the leader of the world's most powerful country. As a result, we have no shortage of people eager to tell us who we should vote for so we don't screw things up.

Our phone rang 13 times today between 10:40am and 4pm. All of the calls were from political organizations, or at least I assume they were; I refused to answer the phone when the caller ID said the call was from "Out of Area." I don't know how many organizations called after 4pm. Everyone was down for a nap at that point, and I unplugged the phone.

1 Comments:

  • Ah, glad to hear I'm not the only one who despises election year (and the year before) because of the excessive phone calls. You know it's got to be bad when one of the things I thought of repeatedly when I was pregnant was "what in the world am I doing having another kid during constant-political-calls-to-disturb-life year?" Although, right now I'm enjoying interrupting them as soon as I hear the word "poll" or "caucus" and saying "I'm sorry, I just had a baby and I really don't care about the caucus". I'm such a good concerned citizen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home