Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Spelling Bee

Abbie is starting to learn to spell. I’m encouraging her by asking her what letter begins various things we see. She can spell her entire name, which must be a trick she learned in preschool. She knows “Tory” begins with “T.” She knows “Ian” begins with “E,” so at least I know she’s thinking. She can say the first letter of “dog,” “cat,” and “fish.” I haven’t tried “chinchilla” yet.

While reading yesterday, I asked her what letter begins “apple.” While Abbie stood silent even though I know she knows the answer, Tory blurted out behind me “A!” I was a little surprised, so I flipped to a different book and asked what letter begins the word “elephant.”

“A!” he repeated. At least I know he’s thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home