Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Major Breakthrough

Tonight, Abbie said, “I want to sit on the potty.” Obligingly, I let her into the bathroom, helped her strip and sit on the potty, and hoped for the best. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but she’s been getting better about peeing while on the potty.

One minute and several grunts later, I heard the telltale tinkling that told me Abbie was peeing. She applauded her effort, and I applauded along.

This is the first time Abbie has told me she wants to sit on the potty. Her diaper was wet, so she’s not recognizing the need to go on anything close to a reliable basis, but this is still progress. Very encouraging process.

I helped her off the potty, and then we washed her hands. She’s not recognizing the need to keep her hands out of the way either, but she’s making progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home