Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Three!

Today was officially Abbie’s birthday. Three years ago this afternoon, she entered the world cold, naked, wet, and screaming, an atmosphere recreated at bath time tonight. Abbie’s real birthday party is Saturday, so we had a low-key affair tonight. It was simple, with a little cake, a little singing, and a couple presents to ease her into the toy glut she’s sure to receive Saturday.

DSC02124
This is the turtle cake mommy made for her. She didn’t want me to post this picture on the blog for some reason. I think it looks great. I like it so much, I made it my mobile phone wallpaper so I can share it with complete strangers.

DSC02125
Abbie is opening a present she received from her great aunt. It’s good to see that at three years of age, she’s finally gotten the hang of tearing wrapping paper off presents.

DSC02127
Abbie is ready to open the mailing box. That dazed look is because the camera caught her by surprise, or it may have something to do with the frosting she managed to get into her mouth instead of spread across her face.

DSC02131
It’s a Dora game! Abbie wanted to play with it all night, which probably explains why she screamed all through her bath and refused to go to bed. The second piece of cake she snuck might have contributed.

3 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday Abbie.

    Three is such a great age to be! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 AM  

  • She looks so grown up! I hope that Saturday goes well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

  • Happy birthday!

    I love the cake! I did B&B's cake for the first time (only my 2nd time to bake any type of cake!) this year. It's hard work. Abbie's looks great!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home