Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Know What I Mean?

You know what it’s like when your kid wakes up an hour early and refuses to go back to sleep? The kids are awake, so you might as well get breakfast ready. As long as the kid’s eating, you might as well round up laundry. Then you notice you’re out of clean pants, so you might as well wash a load. And as long as you’re washing one load, you might as well wash three.

Then a kid starts screaming while you’re deep in dirty laundry, so you ignore him because you know he’s fine. Then another kid starts screaming, and it only seems fair to ignore him too as long as you’re already ignoring one.

Then 45 minutes and four poopy diapers later, you’re finally trying to eat breakfast while the kids continue screaming at your feet. And as long as they’re already ticked off, you decide to ignore them further and do some deep cleaning that morning.

Then later that afternoon after a full day of screaming and limit testing, you’re down to one unfrayed nerve at best. When the kids go down for a nap, you take a nap, but you wind up crashing hard and wake up right before the kids wake up early from their nap. The kids are awake, so you might as well get supper ready, except the kids don’t like their supper, so there goes every nerve that might have tied itself back up during your nap. And now you’ve got an entire evening ahead of yourself that was just like the morning except you’re folding laundry instead of washing it?

That was my day.

6 Comments:

  • Does the name Ryan Millage ring a bell? I swear it sounds familiar and goes with a face that looks real familiar like someone we graduated with. Saw this guy at a Hy-Vee in Omaha. Was really weird.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 AM  

  • Sure, I remember him. We only went to school with from elementary school through high school. I don't think I could tell you anything about him besides his name and the fact that he apparently shops at an Omaha Hy-Vee. How did he recognize you? Did he read your employee name tag? :D

    By Blogger Matt, at 12:24 PM  

  • Nice. Actually I was the shopper and he was the Hy-vee employee. I didn't say anything, just was wondering.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 PM  

  • So how did you recognize him? Did his name tag read "Hi my name is Ryan Millage"? Or did he recognize you, said hi, and you just kept walking?

    By Blogger Matt, at 4:52 PM  

  • Well I was purchasing some Killian's Irish Red and my cashier was underage. When he called for help the assistant manager came to ring up my last item. His nametag did say Ryan Millage, and he apparently has one year as assistant manager. He even checked my id and didn't say anything to me. Maybe it was a different Ryan Millage, but he looked awfully familiar.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 PM  

  • Yes, I know what you mean. That's why I like margaritas.

    By Blogger Becky, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home