Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Everything's Coming up ... Noses?

Special guests frequently pop up on Sesame Street for some reason that has nothing to do with the kids. I doubt too many kids get excited watching Kelsey Grammer or Julianne Moore appear with their favorite Muppets, but celebrities keep parading through the show. My theory is they appear more for the parents’ sake, to keep them interested and remind them of a time not too long ago when they still followed popular culture.

I was watching Sesame Street with Abbie a couple days ago, and the special guest was Harvey Fierstein. A little shiver went up my back, and not just because he was singing show tunes. I don’t want my kids exposed to that. They could pick up some dangerous ideas from his lifestyle. I certainly don’t want my boys growing up to be just like him, you know, performing in musical theater. They’ll never make any money. And if they think they can sing professionally without a better voice than Harvey’s, they’re going to be disappointed.

1 Comments:

  • Rob will get them interested in music, not to worry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home