Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

How Low Is That Bar Set?

Transcript of a Phone Call This Morning:

Me: Hello.
Caller: Hi, is Ellie there?
M: No, she’s not.
C: Is this Matt?
M: Yes.
C: This is the doctor’s office calling to schedule a checkup for Ian and Tory. Do you want to schedule it, or do you want me call back when your wife is available?

I don’t mind that people assume Ellie is the children’s primary caregiver. The mother caring for the kids is by far the most common scenario in our society. Even I assume the mom is the primary caregiver. But, is it too much to ask that people assume I’m competent? I mean, I raised three children from infancy, and only once did I drop one on his/her head. That’s a .667 batting average, which is pretty darn good.

1 Comments:

  • Although I'm a SAHM and the primary caregiver to our 4 children ... my husband is solely responsible for routine doctor and dentist appointments. Making them ... and taking them! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home