Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, March 12, 2007

Watch Your Mouth

The spring thaw* means one thing: Potholes.

Driving with the kids yesterday, I saw a couple huge ones in my lane. “Huge” here means “at least two-feet in diameter.” I couldn’t switch lanes, so I had two options: Hit it and probably blow a tire at best, or brake hard and drive around it as best I can. I chose the latter option, simultaneously decreasing my odds of blowing a tire and increasing my odds of being rear-ended.

As I hit the brakes and crawled through the crater, I marveled at the sheer immensity of the axle-eater. A “geez” escaped my lips while bumping along.

“Geez” came Abbie’s response from the back seat.

We spent the next ten minutes saying “geez” back and forth to each other. Meanwhile, I thanked my couth upbringing for making sure that nothing worse had left my mouth. It’s bad enough listening to her repeat “shoe” after me.

* Or at least late-winter thaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home