Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, February 24, 2007

SicknessUpdate

Tory’s malady is a mystery. His fever broke a couple days ago. That’s good. He’s still as cranky as ever. That’s bad. When he isn’t screaming, he’s slow and sleepy, and his appetite is about half of normal. A nasty rash is also breaking out on his upper body.

Ian seems to be okay. His appetite is down a little, though maybe it just seems that way since I’m making him finish whatever Tory won’t eat. His diaper deposits are mustard yellow with a unique odor; Ellie swears this means he has rotavirus. I hope all rotavirus cases are that tolerable.

Abbie is cranky and won’t eat most of what I put in front of her. That has nothing to do with her being sick, I’m just saying.

Matt’s stomach is a little grumbly, but otherwise doing fine. He’s slow and sleepy, but that’s his own fault for not getting to bed sooner.

Bonus weather update for Iowa Mom: It rained here most of the day. We stayed a degree or two above freezing all day, and that saved us from disastrous freezing rain. The rain changed to snow around the kids’ bedtime, and now we’re preparing for 5-9 inches. I hear you’re preparing for twice that much snow on top of the freezing rain that fell today. Stay safe.

3 Comments:

  • Oh, God, do I understand where you are. Mine have had the diarrhea and vomiting for a solid 7 days, interspersed with fever. My sister, the RN, tells me (based on the evidence from diapers) that mine have rotavirus, too. However, I guess we're lucky because I know many people whose children have been hospitalized for dehydration because of rotavirus.

    By Blogger Amy, at 5:45 PM  

  • We're not that bad. No vomiting. No diarrhea. The only symptoms are Tory's crankiness and some oddly colored and odored loads in Ian's diaper. The boys got the rotavirus vaccine last year, and Ellie thinks that's saved them from a more severe case. I don't know what's saving Abbie, though. Love?

    I've been very fortunate with my kids and illness so far. Amy, your kids sound like they've been so much sicker than mine, and unlike me, you have responsibilities outside the home. At the risk of repeating something I'm sick of hearing, I have to say "I don't know how you do it."

    By Blogger Matt, at 11:27 PM  

  • We got hit with the ice. Over an INCH covered everything in sight! It was crazy! They called for lots of snow that never came. I was thankful for that. In my mind, there was no way school would be cancelled today, as due to the warm temps, the roads are clear. Power is out at the school. Boys are home. I have the flu. Imagine that!

    I give up! Ha Ha!

    I hope you are all feeling better by today! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home