Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Friday, November 25, 2005

How I Spent My Thanksgiving Vacation

The twins are four days old, and we’re still trying to find the proper balance between home life, hospital life, and personal life. Apparently that balance should not include Christmas shopping at the mall on the day after Thanksgiving.

I have a backlog of household chores that piled up while I spent my nights reading and playing Civilization at Ellie’s side in the hospital. I have mail piled on clothes piled on boxes piled on indeterminable objects piled on counters. Rather than having me attack the log jam and letting Ellie actually rest on her first day home from the hospital, we a little while this morning fighting crowds at the mall. The result is we’re too worn to clean the roving gangs of clutter infiltrating our home, but at least we found some new boxes to stack clothes onto.

The NICU news continues to be good. Ian is out of the warming bed and into an isolette. His brother should join him as soon as Ian loses the bile light. Tory is almost ready to move into an isolette, and they keep turning down his oxygen. Now, I need to move some boxes out of the way before I can make my way to the bed.

2 Comments:

  • I have to say, after I read the last entry to my wife about how Tory and Ian were doing, we glanced at each other when you mentioned you were going shopping on Friday. We both thought the same thing...

    Are they crazy?

    By Blogger Childsplayx2, at 10:29 AM  

  • I have no defense. Yes I am crazy. We went with a very specific purpose. Get some Carter's outfits at well below cost, and a glider. Both were accomplished, though not as quickly as I had hoped. I only had one shopper tell me to get out of the way, so I considered it a success.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home