Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hospital Update 11/20

Last night, Ellie asked me to pack up a few things in her hospital room. She wanted to get a jump on leaving the hospital as soon as her doctor releases her in the morning. I didn’t want to pack just yet because it wasn’t for sure that we’d be leaving in the morning. Plus I didn’t want to jinx it. Plus we had too much football to watch.

This morning with no football to watch, I packed a few things waiting for her doctor to round. Nothing big, just a few books, some loose trash, and those toiletries the hospital gave us for free as long as you don’t count the fact that we’re paying probably $1000 per day just for the hospital room. There wasn’t any football on yet anyway, so I figured I might as well make myself useful.

Sadly my work was enough to jinx us. When the doctor finally showed up for her morning rounds about 12:30, she informed us that she wanted to watch Ellie for one more day. On the plus side, she did take Ellie completely off the IV, so she’s free to roam the hospital as long as she stays horizontal in bed.

With any luck, tonight will be my last night trying to sleep in that fold out chair, at least for a couple weeks. It might not be so bad since I just found the “galley” room with the fountain pop machine and occasional cookie. It’s all free too, as long as you don’t count the $1000 daily hospital room bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home