Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, May 09, 2005

It's How Fozzie Gets Around

Abbie’s latest developmental advancement is what I believe others call the “bear crawl.” The bear crawl is done on the hands and knees, generally in a festive atmosphere, as the overly inebriated attempt to move from bar to bar in order to … whoops! My mistake, that’s actually the “beer crawl.” Abbie’s “bear crawl” is done on her hands and feet with her face down and her butt in the air. She moves her legs like she’s walking, but since she still has all the balance of a co-ed on a beer crawl, she moves her hands like she’s still crawling for stability. I know wrestlers can run drills using the bear crawl, so she may be headed down the path of becoming a wrestler. I’m in a lot of trouble if she puts a barzegar on me.

Abbie can move very well with the bear crawl. I set her on the ground tonight at the store to look at greeting cards for the plethora of birthdays and graduations we’ll be attending soon, and before I could separate the preschool graduation cards from the high school graduation cards, Abbie had bear crawled to the end of the aisle. I pulled her back to her original starting point, and off she went again, this time giggling the whole way. Heaven help us when she actually starts to walk. I may not even have time to find the graduation cards at that point.

Here’s a picture of Abbie using her walking toy. The picture is a couple of weeks old, but it’s still applicable. The only difference is Abbie no longer need to lean on a wheeled toy to move across the room at disturbing speeds. In case you’re wondering, the dog is eating behind her, not snarling.

DSC00917

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home