Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now

Abbie seems to have taken the last step toward being fully potty trained (and at age 5 it's about time). Abbie has been wearing underwear during the day for over a year now, but she insisted on wearing a pull-up at night. I had encouraged her to wear pull-ups while she slept because she wasn't staying dry, but for the last few months she's been waking up dry most mornings. I tried talking her into trying underwear overnight, but she refused since "Abbies wear pull-ups at night." I tried laying the big girl guilt trip on her, but that didn't work. I tried bribing her with candy if she would try underwear because I'm desperate and too tired to think of other rewards, but that didn't work either.

A few days ago, though, she spontaneously said, "I'm going to wear underwear at night." I guess she's finally ready. Of course she added, "I'm going to get a sucker in the morning!" She's been wearing underwear at night for three straight days now, and has woken up dry every morning. It's good to see her giving up the pull-ups. Now if I can just get the boys to start doing the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home