Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another Proud Milestone

Abbie had a poopy diaper the other day. That wasn’t remarkable; she gives me at least one poopy diaper to change every day, more than that on her generous days. What was remarkable was that she had dug her fingers into her diaper to make sure it was poopy, and wiped them off on her shirt. Then, just to be extra sure, she dug her fingers back in her diaper several more times, wiping them off on her legs, arms, and stomach.

As I laid her on the changing table, I panicked. I didn’t have enough hands to keep her fingers out of the mess while cleaning her contaminated areas.

“Dammit,” I slipped.

“Dammit,” Abbie responded. And then, just to give extra emphasis, she said “dammit, dammit.”

In my defense, it was a really big mess.

1 Comments:

  • Don't feel bad, my cousin's first word was "oh shit" after his mother caught him pouring milk all over the kitchen floor.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home