Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, August 21, 2006

Sick Day

When I got sick in 2003, I had to shrug it off. My sick/vacation days were too precious to use, so I went to work and spaced off as much as possible. Inevitably Ellie would also get sick as we spent so much of our lives in close contact.

When I got sick in 2005, I had to shrug it off. My job was now caring for Abbie, so I didn’t get sick days. I could only space off during downtime, intervening when she did something dangerous. Inevitably Abbie and Ellie would also get sick as we spent so much of our lives in close contact.

When I get sick in 2006, I don’t have time to shrug it off. My job is caring for three children, and a sick day is a light blog post. Downtime is when two of the kids are napping. Inevitably the kids will get sick since we spend so much of our lives in close contact. Fortunately I barely see Ellie anymore, so she might get out of this with her health intact.

I’m sick today. The kids are also sick. I’m taking a sick day.

3 Comments:

  • Matt,

    I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. Let me know if there is anything I can do, bring over dinner, take a child for a while, whatever!

    Patty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 PM  

  • Get better soon.

    By Blogger Becky, at 10:54 AM  

  • I'm okay, just being a little melodramatic. Usually I trade sleep for blogging time. I didn't think that was a wise choice last night.

    By Blogger Matt, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home