Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's Been a Busy Week, and It's Only Wednesday...

In lieu of* my standard lengthy ramblings, today I offer a quick anecdote.

Ellie came home just past noon today to rest up for the Worst Night of Work of This Pregnancy, a night that will remain unsurpassed in difficulty until the next night she’s on call. She laid down for a nap, and when I set Abbie down for her nap at 1pm, I decided to join everyone else in napping. As I climbed on the bed with Ellie, the dog hopped up to accompany us on the bed, but since our full-size bed only has room for two nappers at a time, I quickly kicked her off. Before resting my head on the pillow, I leaned in to Ellie to give her a peck. As I leaned close to her cheek, she suddenly shoved me back and threw her face in the opposite direction.

“Oh, sorry,” she said. “I thought you were the dog about to lick me.

Geez, I shaved Monday, I’m not that shaggy yet.

* “In lieu of” being an Americanized variation of a French phrase meaning “I’m short on time, so I’m taking the easy way out.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home