Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Star Trek XII: So Very Tired

Last night was bath night. Usually baths are a pleasant time when I clean Abbie and she passes the time chewing on rubber ducks and soap, and tries to pull our pressure-mounted shower caddy down in an attempt to find more things to chew on. Last night started well, but degenerated into heavy duty whining before I had a chance to rinse all the shampoo out of her hair. I obliged her whining and removed her from the tub as quickly as possible, yet the whining continued through the drying, and the dressing, and the tooth brushing. It subsided when I read her bedtime books to her, but resumed when I tried to put her down for the night.

I shut the door, thankful that her intensive moaning was finished until morning. Then morning came even earlier than usual as she woke up an hour before she normally does. When she wakes up in the morning, she’s usually content to play softly in her room until I rescue her from confinement, assuming that I don’t stop for a bowl of cereal or something and take too long to saunter into her room. This morning, though, she picked up her complaining right where she left it the night before. When I checked on her, she was laying in bed with her eyes closed, moaning away, as if even in her dreams her parents are oppressing her with boredom. I watched her for a few minutes, and picked her up when I decided she wasn’t going to fall back into quiet slumber. I calmed her and comforted her until the moaning stopped, then set her back down in hopes that she’d fall back asleep until her normal wake time. She didn’t.

You might think this early wake time would mean she would take a nice long nap this afternoon, but you’d be as wrong as anyone who picked Iowa to cover the spread, or even win outright for that matter. So after an early wake time and a short nap piled onto a busy day, I’m tired. That’s all I’ve got for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home