Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Monday, September 24, 2007

Great Day!

Abbie seems to enjoy preschool. That’s fair, since I enjoy her being at preschool. She usually comes home happy and, more importantly, a little worn out from her day.

She also seems to be doing well in preschool. I know this because her teachers usually send a note home with her that says “great day!” I’m guessing, though, that they have a generous definition of “great.” Sometimes they expound on her day with tidbits like “wouldn’t try her cottage cheese snack,” “didn’t want to sing today,” or “b.m. 9:15. Runny.” Those don’t sound like highlights from a “great” day, but the notes still proclaim her day as “great.” Occasionally the note says “good day,” and I can only imagine the misery my angel inflicts on the class on those days.

Some days I don’t need the note to know how her day went. When she stepped off the bus after returning home today, she was wearing her backup pants. Going to preschool is like sitting in the first five rows at SeaWorld’s dolphin tank; you will get wet. They told us on day one to send spare clothes with her in case she needs changed, and today she apparently needed them.

Wearing the backup pants isn’t automatically a bad sign. Once they sent a note with her saying she needed the backup pants because she spilled water on her primary pants. Since Abbie enjoys dumping cups full of liquid, I thought that might’ve happened again. When I opened her backpack, though, I found her original shorts encased in a plastic grocery sack.

The note they sent home didn’t say why her pants were wet; I can only assume the worst, but thankfully they were merely wet and not stained. The note did however explain that she had a “great day.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home