Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Saturday, May 13, 2006

A Learning Experience

Things I’ve learned today:

- Never lift a child by one arm.
- Nurses are very sympathetic to a 2-year-old’s screams.
- In the grand scheme of things, a dislocated elbow isn’t a big deal.
- No matter the score, no matter the inning, no matter how bleak things look, there’s always a chance for a comeback when you’re playing the Chicago Cubs.
- Tory can stand while holding onto furniture without adult assistance for a second.
- My nose is too stuffed to smell a blasted thing.
- Abbie can dip her own chicken nuggets.
- Not being able to smell is a good thing after discovering a lost sippy cup that has about an ounce left of something that was once milk, but can now be best described as “spackle.”
- Abbie takes pretty cute pictures right now.
- Trying to take a cute picture of a six-month-old is hard.
- Trying to take a cute picture of two six-month-olds simultaneously is impossible.
- Trying to take a cute picture of two six-month-olds and a two-year-old simultaneously is so difficult it should be illegal.
- The boys can take a few steps with an adult holding them up.
- Abbie can almost turn a doorknob and open a door by herself.
- We are almost in a lot of trouble.

1 Comments:

  • I remember trying to take family pictures for my mother's Mother's Day gift one year with a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a newborn. I went to my car after the experience, called Chris, and asked if he'd still love me if I decided I never wanted children.

    I like your idea of outlawing it.

    By Blogger Amy, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home