Abbie & Ian & Tory Update

Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Half-Hearted Zoo Post

Abbie’s birthday is tomorrow, and I need to devote all of my time and energy to making her first birthday party an event she’ll remember forever, assuming of course that she’s forming long-term memories already, which she most certainly isn’t. So I guess it’s pressure from the wife that’s making me devote all of my time and energy into the party. Either way, I need to cut some corners in other areas of my life to ensure Abbie has a first-rate first birthday while I keep my sanity. Blogging is pretty firmly on one of those cut corners, so no zoo post today, either. Someday, possibly soon, I’ll regale my loyal readers (aka Adam) with the thrilling story of Abbie’s first trip to the zoo, but not today. Here are a couple of quick zoo pictures in the meantime.

DSC01026

Here’s Abbie finishing up her animal crackers. Animal crackers are the perfect zoo snack, like eating circus peanuts at the circus, or apple cider when touring a cider mill, or tryptophan at a NASCAR event. Think Abbie has made a mess of her stroller? Don’t worry, the friendly neighborhood goats will clean it up.

DSC01040

Ha ha. Those goats are so friendly, in fact, that this picture was taken just seconds before one of the goats found Abbie’s Cheerios in her diaper bag. Ha ha. I had to fight that goat to keep her Cheerios. Ha ha. Now I know why they had a sign near the entrance telling you to treat the animals with respect. When they show me respect, I’ll show them respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home